Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Tis the Season


So I recently have been going through a bunch of interviews trying to find an internship for this summer. Even though I switched into chemical engineering a year and a half ago and have really loved it so far, I still have very little idea of what the day in the life of a chemE looks like. So I'm trying to figure it out. So far I've been talking to Proctor and Gamble, General Mills, BASF, and Celanese. If I had to pick right now, General Mills is my top choice. A great, steadfast company with high integrity and with a plant right down the road in Covington, Ga. My interview with them went pretty well, I guess I should be hearing back from them in a few days hopefully.

I also had a blast at my BASF interview. It was kind of intimidating because it was a round one and a round two interview in one (so I had a technical interview as well), but I felt that it went really well and I really, really just enjoyed getting know the guy that was interviewing me, Anthony Mason. He was hilarious, and super easy to talk to. After the BASF interview I'm starting to get really excited about the idea of doing engineer work this summer. Engineering is super interesting.

Last one up for round one is Celanese, which is a chemical company.

Anyways. It's really scary because I feel all grown up. Wearing business attire and meeting people and having a portfolio filled with resumes and transcripts. It's exciting, but also terrifying. I feel like I'm very close to leaving a large chapter of my life behind me, and I have loved being a kid. Moving into adulthood is scary and weird, but I suppose it's just the nature of things. Sometimes I think adults are just boring old people who have already had their fun in life. But then I realize that God has called me to have life to the full in all seasons of life, rich or poor, young or old, hard time or good times. To really claim His peace and His plan for my life. I get excited with how the Lord is leading my life and where He will end up taking me. God's strength helps me to choose joy and contentment with life in stead of fear and anxiety because I believe that God is loving, wise, and powerful, and if all three of those are true then he is worthy of my trust.

He is the Blessed Controller
Thank you Jesus

No comments: